Baking in the run-up to Christmas is one of the best traditions of the year. If you fancy something completely different to gingerbread men and cut out biscuit, you could try our recipe for vegan Hazelnut Espresso Cookies today. We have used coconut milk alongside our iChoc White Barista chocolate for the filling with white chocolate-coffee cream – it harmonises perfectly. Quick and easy to make for lots of snacking pleasure during Advent.
For 25 double biscuits
For the cookies
- 150 g vegan butter oder margarine
- 100 g coconut blossom sugar
- 225 g white spelt flour
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 2 tsp instant-espresso
- 1 tbsp cream of tartar baking powder
- 100 g chopped hazelnuts
For the cream
- 120 g iChoc White Barista Chocolate
- 50 g coconut milk
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Beat the vegan butter or margarine with the sugar in a large bowl with a hand mixer until creamy. Mix the flour, ground hazelnuts, espresso and baking powder, add and knead into a smooth dough.
3. Form 50 equal-sized balls from the dough. Roll each one in the chopped hazelnuts, flatten slightly and place on the baking trays with a little space between them. Bake one after the other for approx. 12 minutes, then leave to cool completely.
4. Finely chop the chocolate for the cream and place in a glass or metal bowl. Heat the coconut milk in a small pan until just before boiling point and pour over the chocolate. Leave to stand briefly, then stir until completely melted. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Place half of the cookies upside down on the work surface. Pour the cream into a piping bag (alternatively use a small spoon) and place approx. 1 heaped teaspoon of cream in the centre of each cookie. Finally, cover the halves with a second cookie and press down lightly