Creamy cakes are heavy on the stomach in summer. Our vegan white chocolate mousse cake is filled with alternatives like silken tofu and coconut cream, making it a summery, light option. The base of this no-bake cake is made with almonds, coconut flakes, dried apricots and puffed amaranth. Decorated with fresh seasonal fruit, this cake is also a real eye candy.
For a springform pan Ø 24 cm (8 portions)
Für den Boden
- 150 g dried soft apricots (or pitted Medjoul dates)
- 70 g sliced almonds
- 50 g grated coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 0,5 tsp ground vanilla (or natural vanilla extract)
- 40 g puffed amaranth
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
For the filling
- 30 ml coconut oil
- 400 g silken tofu
- 100 g coconut cream (solid part of a cooled can of coconut milk)
- 2 tsp guar gum
- 4 tbsp agave syrup
- 1 small tsp ground vanilla
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 bar
- 2 - 3 fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- mint leaves
How to make it
1. Stretch the baking paper over the base of the springform pan and cut off any overhanging paper.
2. Blend the soft apricots, flaked almonds, coconut flakes, salt, ground vanilla / vanilla extract and agave syrup in a blender to a sticky-fine mixture. Then knead the amaranth into the mixture.
3. Spread the dough evenly in the springform pan and press down. Pull the side edges
4. For the filling, mix melted coconut oil, silken tofu, coconut cream, guar gum, agave syrup, ground vanilla and cashew puree in a blender.
5. Now melt the chocolate in a bain-marie, add it to the pureed ingredients in the blender and blend again briefly.
6. Pour the chocolate mousse mixture into the springform pan and spread. Put the cake in the freezer for 1 hour and then in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
7. Decorate the cooled cake with chocolate chips, shavings, fruit and mint.
Tip: Stored in the fridge, the cake will keep fresh for 3-4 days.