We are once again recreating a popular sweet in a vegan version. Today: an animal-free version of the popular Ferrero snack “Kinder Maxi King”. We lovingly call our version “Maxi Queen”.
For 4 pieces in a square baking tin (approx. 18 x 25 cm)
For the crispy waffles
- 30 g rice flour
- 4 tbsp maize starch
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 30 ml agave syrup (or maple syrup)
- 3 - 4 tbsp plant drink
- 2 tins coconut cream, 400 g each (refrigerated overnight; use only the hard part)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
For the caramel
- 75 g white almond paste
- 55 g maple syrup
- 1 tbsp plant drink
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating
- 160 g iChoc Super Nut chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. For the waffles, put all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to a liquid batter. The batter should be pourable but not too runny.
2. Preheat the oven to 160 °C convection and line a baking tray with baking paper. Pour half of the batter onto the tray. Move the baking tray in different directions so that the dough spreads out and becomes evenly thin.
3. Once the dough has reached the size of the baking tin, place the tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes until the dough is just set. Immediately remove from the oven and cut with a knife to the exact size of the baking dish. Also cut in the 4 rectangles for the later bars. If the waffles are not cut until they are hard and crispy, they will break.
4. After cutting, place the tray in the oven for another 5 minutes until the waffles are brown and crispy. Remove the excess batter and leave the waffles to cool.
5. Do the same with the second half of the batter.
6. For the milk cream, mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a hand mixer. Place in the fridge until needed.
7. Line the baking tin with baking parchment and place the first layer of waffles inside. Pour half of the milk cream on top of the waffles and smooth it down. Then place the dish in the freezer for about 1 hour.
8. In the meantime, mix all the ingredients for the caramel in a small bowl.
9. Spread the caramel with a spoon in two rows on top of the milk cream layer and put the mould back in the freezer for another hour.
10. When the caramel is firm, spread the second half of the milk cream on top and then place the second layer of wafers on top. Press the wafers down lightly to avoid air bubbles. Place in the freezer again for 2 hours.
11. After the cooling time, cut the whole thing into 4 equal pieces along the wafer rectangles.
12. To get smaller pieces of nuts, chop the chocolate first. Then melt it together with the coconut oil in a water bath.
13. Cover the 4 bars with the chocolate and leave to dry on baking parchment. Leave to set in the fridge for another 30 minutes before serving.