Opinions differ on Valentine’s Day. Basically, it’s always nice to make a loved one happy. But it doesn’t necessarily have to be on a specific day and with commercial products. It is much nicer to give something homemade. With our pink Loveapples, you can give an extra portion of love in three different vegan versions.
for 3 Loveapples
For the pink sugar
- 250 g hail sugar
- 4 - 6 tbsp beetroot juice
- 250 g fine sugar
- 3 red apples
- 3 apple tree branches or cake pop sticks
- 3 pink ribbons
- 3 bars iChoc Classic chocolate
- 2 bars iChoc White Vanilla chocolate
HOW TO MAKE IT
Preparation: Prepare the sugar the day before.
1. Put the sugar and the fine sugar into two separate, sealable bowls and mix each with half of the beetroot juice. Close the lids tightly and shake until the sugar has turned an even pink.
2. Preheat the oven to 60 °C and place both sugar mixtures separately on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Leave to dry in the oven for 10 minutes, one after the other.
3. Allow the sugars to cool for 10 – 15 minutes and then return them to their respective bowls. Shake briefly to loosen the stuck sugar completely.
4. melt the iChoc Classic in a water bath. In a second bain-marie, melt 1.5 bars of iChoc White Vanilla, also slowly.
5. In the meantime, wash the apples, rub them dry and remove the stalk. Insert the apple tree branches or Cake Pop stalks.
6. now turn two apples in the brown chocolate so that they are completely wetted. Place the apples on baking paper and leave to set for 2-3 hours.
7. Turn the third apple in the light chocolate so that it is completely wetted. Sprinkle the apple directly with pink hail sugar. Place on the baking paper and leave to harden.
8. Once the apples have cooled, cut off the bottom edge cleanly with a knife. Now dip a brown apple once more, but only halfway, into the Classic chocolate. Sprinkle directly with pink hail sugar, then it is only half decorated.
9. Now melt the remaining iChoc White Vanilla. Put the chocolate in a plastic bag and cut off a small piece of one corner. Decorate the second brown apple with this DIY piping bag and finally sprinkle with pink fine sugar. Place back on the baking paper and leave to set.
10. Finally, decorate all three apples with pink icing sugar on the stem. To do this, apply more melted chocolate around the stem with a brush. Carefully sprinkle on the fine sugar with a spoon.
11. Tie the pink bows decoratively around the sticks before giving them away.