Bananas and nougat are a delicious match. What could be better than a delicious banana cake kissed by our “White Nougat Crisp” chocolate? To make it even fluffier, we simply mix the chocolate into whipped vegan cream, which we can easily make from the solid part of coconut milk. Top with a few banana slices, nuts and syrup, and the dream is perfect…
For a springform pan with Ø 20 cm
For the dough
- 120 g wheat flour type 550
- 50 g sugar
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 180 ml almond drink
- 1 ripe, mashed banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
For the nougat cream
- 80 g iChoc White Nougat Crisp chocolate
- 2 chilled cans (á 400 g) coconut milk, full fat (only the hard part)
For the topping
- 2 ripe bananas in slices
- a few chopped walnuts
- some maple or coconut blossom syrup
How to make it
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line the bottom and sides of the tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie and leave to cool.
3. Put all the dry ingredients for the dough in a bowl and mix together. Mix all the liquid ingredients in a mixer or a second bowl.
4. now add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Pour the batter into the cake tin and smooth the top. Bake for 28-30 minutes, then remove and leave to cool.
5. Put a glass bowl in the freezer for a few minutes. Then pour the hard part of the chilled coconut milk into the bowl and beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and mix until evenly combined. Then place the bowl in the fridge.
6. When the cake has cooled completely, spread the nougat cream evenly on top. Then put the cake back in the fridge for another 1 – 2 hours.
7. just before serving, serve the cake with sliced bananas, chopped walnuts and syrup.