American cheesecake simply tastes good all the time and can be varied greatly. How about a fresh, summery version with iChoc White Vanilla and blueberries? You shouldn’t be stingy with these healthy little fruits, so we don’t just put them in the filling, but cook a fresh blueberry compote to go with it. Easy to make and conveniently prepared the day before, this white chocolate cheesecake is a guarantee for relaxed enjoyment.
For a springform tin with Ø 20 cm
For the crust
- 180 g vegan butter cookies
- 80 g coconut oil, melted
For the filling
- 300 g raw cashews
- 400 g coconut milk, full-fat
- 160 g iChoc White Vanilla Chocolate
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g fresh blueberries
For the compote
- 200 g fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
How to make it
1. Preparation: Soak the cashews in water for 6-8 hours or overnight, then drain.
2. For the crust, place the cookies in a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add the coconut oil and pulse a few more times until you have a sticky mixture.
3. Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line and grease the springform tin. Place the crust in the tin and press down evenly.
4. Place in the oven and bake for 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown. Set aside to cool down.
5. Melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie. Place the cashews, coconut milk and lemon juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Then add the melted chocolate while the mixture is blending until very smooth.
6. Immediately pour the mixture over the crust. Add in the blueberries and press down with a spoon until covered. Even out the top and place in the fridge overnight.
7. Just before serving, make the compote. Put the blueberries, lemon juice and maple syrup in a small saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
8. Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water until lump-free. Now mash the simmering blueberries with a potato masher or fork. Stir in the cornflour and allow the compote to thicken for 30 – 60 seconds.
9. Before serving, cut the cake into pieces and garnish each piece with some blueberry compote.
Thanks for this great chocolate fruit cheesecake to Kirsten Kaminski from the vegan food blog The Tasty K!