There are some conflicting opinions as to whether blondies are simply brownies with white chocolate, or a separate variety of pastry. We don’t care, because whether it’s brownies or blondies – these pieces of cake taste way too good to argue about. Better bite right into the small, sweet squares and enjoy our vegan blondies with a cup of coffee or tea.
For one baking tin
- 210 g iChoc White Nougat Crisp Chocolate
- 180 g self-raising flour
- 100 g golden caster sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp light olive oil
- 260 ml dairy-free milk (e.g. unsweetened almond milk)
- 20 g iChoc White Nougat Crisp Chocolate chunks
- 40 g crushed hazelnuts
How to make it
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C and line a baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Place the chocolate into a bain marie. Gently simmer until the chocolate has completely melted.
3. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in sugar and salt. Mix until fully combined. Then add vanilla essence and mix in.
4. Pour the melted gooey chocolate, oil and dairy-free milk into the mixing bowl. Mix until fully combined.
5. Add in the chocolate chunks and crushed hazelnuts.
6. Pour the mixture into the lined tin, making sure you get into the edges.
7. Pop the tin into the middle of the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes. The brownies should be firm and crumbly on the outside and moist in the middle. To make sure the brownies are cooked, place a sharp knife or skewer into the centre until it comes out clean.
8. Once baked, place on a wire rack and leave to cool for around 10 minutes before serving.