These Raspberry & White Chocolate Filled Rolls are perfect for literally any occasion. Our cuties are made with good wholesome ingredients so you can easily have this as a super quick breakfast or snack for some good energy or simply when your sweet tooth hits you. The tartness of the raspberries is perfectly balanced by the use of smooth White Vanilla Chocolate.
For 12 buns
For the dough
- 200 ml plant milk of choice
- 15 g melted margarine or neutral oil
- 3 tbsp coconut blossom sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 25 g fresh yeast (crumbled)
- 250 g whole grain flour
For the filling and topping
- 400 g frozen raspberries
- 3 - 5 tbsp coconut blossom sugar or other granulated sweetener
- 1,5 tbsp corn starch
- 50 g rouhgly chopped iChoc White Vanilla Chocolate (for the filling)
- 50 g melted iChoc White Vanilla Chocolate (for drizzling)
How to make it
1. Prepare and grease a lasagne pan or something similar in size.
2. Start with the dough. In a microwave safe bowl or in a medium sauce pan, combine the milk, oil / margarine and coconut blossom sugar. Warm in the microwave or on the stove until luke warm.
3. In a large bowl mix the luke warm plant milk and fresh yeast.
4. Start mixing in 50 g flour, then continue adding a tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough starts to pull away from the bowl.
5. Form a ball out of the dough and flour it well. Let it rise in a bowl covered with a tea towel while you prepare the filling.
6. For the filling, put the frozen raspberries, coconut blossom sugar and cornstarch in a bowl and mix until the raspberries are coated.
7. On a well-floured surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle of about 35 x 45 cm.
8. Spread the filling and chopped chocolate evenly over the rectangle. Roll into a tight roll. Cut them into 12 even rolls with a sharp knife.
9. Put the buns into the prepared lasagne pan and let it rise under the tea towel for 60 – 90 minutes again. Preheat the oven to 160 °C.
10. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden. Drizzle with a hearty amount of melted chocolate and serve lukewarm.
Thanks for this super tasty buns to Hanna Ekelund from the swedish vegan baking blog theveggienator.com.